14201 SW 120th St Suite 206

Miami, FL 33186 USA

888.MI.GENTE (888.644.3683)

WhatsApp +1 (305) 586-9418

Monday to Friday:
8 am. to 6 pm.

Eastern Standard Time

Good news for Resident Card Renovations

If your Permanent Resident Card has expired, it is important to know that from now on you should keep the following in mind:

The Immigration Service introduced changes to the document that supports the validity of the card for up to 12 additional months after the expiration of your Legal Residency Card; in this sense, it does so by replacing the adhesive stamp, so that legal residents (LPR) can extend the validity of their document.

According to a statement issued on January 12 of this year by the USCIS Immigration Agency, it states that: 

“When submitted with the Permanent Resident Card, the revised notice on Form I-797 will extend the validity of the Permanent Card for 12 months from the date on the front”. 

 This change ensures that Legal Permanent Residents who have a recently expired or expired card will have a

  • Current identity document. 
  • Employment Authorization. 
  • And Authorization to return to the USA after a trip temporary abroad.

It is important to note that those immigrants who already have an appointment scheduled will receive an extended validity sticker stamp, and those individuals who submit the I-90 form to replace their Legal Resident Card will receive notification of review with a new stamp within 10 days